HTML5: Name of the search tab changeable?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
fabina
Propeller Head

HTML5: Name of the search tab changeable?

Post by fabina »

Hello dear forum participants,
we use MadCap Search for our HTML5 help. The search results are displayed in the browser tab "Search".
Since we only have German users, I have the following question:
Is there a possibility to rename the tab (Search in German = search). With the skin, you can translate search terms in the "UI Text" area, but not the name for the tab.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML5: Name of the search tab changeable?

Post by Nita Beck »

You can set the language in the target on its Language tab. By default, it's probably English (United States). Change it to one of the variants of German. That'll tell Flare to use its German language skin.

I see also that one can select the language right in the skin file, rather than in the target. Look for the Language drop-down list at the top of the skin's UI Text tab. But, that doesn't seem to come into play unless one also sets the language in the target.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
fabina
Propeller Head

Post by fabina »

Thanks Nita for your feedback :)
I have already set the language to "German" in both the target and the skin. Even so, the name of the browser tab is "Search". Maybe I need to contact MadCap Support.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

fabina wrote:Thanks Nita for your feedback :)
I have already set the language to "German" in both the target and the skin. Even so, the name of the browser tab is "Search". Maybe I need to contact MadCap Support.
If you get an answer that solves your problem, please can you update this thread so people who hit the same barrier will be able to find the solution. Thanks. :)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
fabina
Propeller Head

Post by fabina »

Here is the feedback from MadCap Support:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting MadCap Technical Support. It looks like for this issue you would need to create a custom Search Results Page. The Browser Tab is controlled by the Topic Title which would by Default pull from the Topic's first Heading. If you create a Search Results Page with a Heading and translate this Heading in different Languages, it should automatically update in the output. There is more information on creating a Custom Search Results Page located here: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... rocontent1

I understand that this is a bit of a convoluted process to translate the Search Results Page Title. There is a Feature Request in our system that would allow for changing or translating this title without having to create a custom page. Please note that I have added you to this Feature Request on your behalf (#155839) with our development team. You will be notified via email if this feature becomes available in a future patch or release version. If you have any questions about this issue, please feel free to respond to this e-mail.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following with this solution: The htm file for the search results must be part of the output. Check under Advanced Tab of your Target, if the option for Content to include is set to Exclude Content not linked to the TOC or Target. If you don 't want to include 'All Content' there is a workaround: Add a Hyperlink to the Search Results topic to any topic included in the TOC/Target. You could then apply a style of "display: none" to the Hyperlink to keep it from appearing in the output.