Search results topic not included in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kolinkodm
Jr. Propeller Head

Search results topic not included in output

Post by kolinkodm »

I am trying to add text to the top of the search results page and followed the steps on this site: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... esults.htm

I created a search-results.htm topic and a SearchResults.flskn skin. I then added text to the topic and inserted a Search results proxy that referenced the SearchResults.flskn skin. In the HTML5 target, I selected SearchResults.flksn in the Skin tab.

However, when I build, the search results topic is not being used in the output, so the text is not included.

I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong here.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Search results topic not included in output

Post by Psider »

Are you using Tripane output? if so, that topic says it's not supported for that output.
kolinkodm
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kolinkodm »

I am using a Top Navigation HTML 5 skin. My assumption is the target is not correctly finding the container topic that houses the search results proxy, and from research it seems like it's not something you can force, but instead Flare "finds" it itself.... which is odd and vague.

Any tips would be appreciated here
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Maybe this topic can help? If not, I'm sure Dave or someone will drop in soon. :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29582&p=133725&hili ... stom+topic
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

My guess would be that the search results topic is not being included in the target, because your target uses the setting Content to include - Content linked directly or indirectly from the target.
If you use that setting, then you must have a link to the search results topic from somewhere in your help.
kolinkodm
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kolinkodm »

Dave Lee wrote:My guess would be that the search results topic is not being included in the target, because your target uses the setting Content to include - Content linked directly or indirectly from the target.
If you use that setting, then you must have a link to the search results topic from somewhere in your help.
Thank you Dave! This was the issue. Ideally the project would be conditioned, but we rely on this setting being enabled at the moment. As a fix, I cross-referenced the search results topic on the home page and set the display to "none". So now it's indirectly linked and the cross-reference is invisible.

Thanks again!
amitkapoor
Propeller Head

Post by amitkapoor »

Dave Lee wrote:My guess would be that the search results topic is not being included in the target, because your target uses the setting Content to include - Content linked directly or indirectly from the target.
I am doing something wrong but don't know why.

I have created search.html at the root of Content folder with following content:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd">
    <head><title>Search Results</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h1>searchresults</h1>
        <p>Tips </p>
        <p>1. Tip 1</p>
        <p>2. Tip 2</p>
        <p>3. Tip 3</p>
        <MadCap:searchResultsProxy />
    </body>
</html>
I have added this topic in TOC too which I didn't want to do and would like to see if there is an option to not do this.
What else is required to make this work? When I search, the search URL says search1.html instead probably because there are two pages with same name. But my search.html is not showing up.
amitkapoor
Propeller Head

Post by amitkapoor »

Hi Dave Lee,

Could you please help?

-Amit