Home Page Dropdowns Different Color in Side Navigation

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Home Page Dropdowns Different Color in Side Navigation

Post by DavidJGross »

Having a bit of a weird issue here. In my HTML output, in the Home Page and only the Home Page, the Colors of my Dropdowns have changed to look like H1 headings. I have the same dropdowns (literally the same; they are snippets) in a different part of the project, and they look fine. The only place where dropdowns are wrong is on the home page.

At first I thought I might have messed up something in the master page because I had been tinkering around in there, but I associated the target with a different skin to see what would happen, and the dropdown color went back to normal, so it seems like the issue has to be in the skin.

I can't find a setting that would cause this. I thought maybe it would be the "synchronize TOC" option, so I gave that a try, but that's not it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Home Page Dropdowns Different Color in Side Navigation

Post by Nita Beck »

Does your project have mutiple stylesheets and your home page (or the master page it uses) use a different stylesheet than the one associated with the target?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Post by DavidJGross »

Nope. That was one of the first things I checked.

I actually got this fixed a few minutes ago, but I'm not sure why. I was reviewing my build-log, and I noticed that I was getting a message that it was outside of the project. That seemed weird to me, so I checked, and my output was getting generated outside of the project too. I changed the target to generate the output at the default location within the project, and the colors fixed themselves on the next time I generated it.

I have no idea at all either why that caused the error or why it fixed it, but there you go.

*shrug emoji*
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Post by DavidJGross »

Update to this problem: I have been working to get my HTML5 output working on mobile (specifically, Android S9), and I have mostly been having success. But this issue with the dropdowns on the home page has come back...but only on my test device and Flare's Smartphone emulator, not on my computer. When I view in the XML editor with the mobile layout, it looks correct. I'm stumped.