Feedback Buttons

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
shloter
Propeller Head

Feedback Buttons

Post by shloter »

I have been working on custom toolbar buttons to send emails on feedback or issues for my department's online Help. I was able to get one email button to function using the information in the Custom Toolbar Tutorial from MadCap but I cannot figure out how to add another custom button to send a different email to a separate location.

Is it possible to have email sent to two different locations via clicking a separate button? If so could anyone help me figure out the coding?

It is getting rather frustrating to troubleshoot myself since it can't be tested on the local machine (is that still true or is there a workaround now?)

Apologies for all the probably basic questions- I am not at all experienced in Java or script writing.

Thank you!
Stephanie
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Feedback Buttons

Post by NorthEast »

Assuming you have used MadCap's tutorial from the help here: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ponent.htm

Its example script has a function called SendMail() - but if you used that same script for two buttons, then it won't work because then you'd have two functions with the same name "SendMail", and both buttons will run the same script.

The simplest fix is just to call your second function something different to "SendMail". Use this new function name in both the script and the button event.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on your local PC. It just opens a mailto: link, and that will open whatever email app is set up on your PC.