Getting rid of the "Collapse/Expand" icon in top/side nav

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
leep
Propeller Head

Getting rid of the "Collapse/Expand" icon in top/side nav

Post by leep »

The same little doodad shows up in tripane help. MadCap Support told me where to turn it off, and the switch is under the Topics group in the Styles section of the skin: Topic Button > Expand All > Layout > Display. There is no such grouping in the side and top navigation skins. However, I thought the Navigation>Navigation Panel>Expander Icon setting would do the same, so I made it transparent. But it still shows up. See the attachment. The darned thing does nothing except expand or collapse if you click it. It doesn't open anything or navigate to anything. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Getting rid of the "Collapse/Expand" icon in top/side na

Post by NorthEast »

You can remove it on the toolbar skin's Setup tab, which removes it by default for all toolbar proxies that use that skin.

Alternatively, if you don't want to remove it from the skin for whatever reason, you can remove it from the individual instances of the toolbar proxy. For each toolbar proxy, you can select what buttons to include - see https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... oolbar.htm.
leep
Propeller Head

Post by leep »

It would be great if I could get rid of it for all times, Dave, so please bear with me. Attached is the Setup page of the skin. Not a lot of settings that I can see, certainly nothing having to do with toolbars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leep
Propeller Head

Post by leep »

OK, I got it. It's in the TopicToolbar skin. Thanks.