Print button not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Cramptoni
Jr. Propeller Head

Print button not working

Post by Cramptoni »

I have added a Print button to my Topic Toolbar skin. When publishing to an HTML output, the button is displayed but will not click and therefore display the print dialog box. This is in the Chrome browser and I have tried IE and other browsers as well with no joy. I am using Flare 2020.

I have tried to view other members related questions in this forum but I havent been able to find an answer yet.

Many thanks for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Print button not working

Post by NorthEast »

I can see you have some sort of column layout, and I'd guess that content in the left column is overflowing and is on top (in front) of the content in the right column.
If an element overflows into that area (which you might not visually notice) and its stack order means it's positioned on top (in front) of the toolbar, then you won't be able to click on the toolbar icons.

You can figure it out by using browser tools (F12) and inspecting elements on the page.

If that was the problem, you can use a simple hack like this to bring the toolbar to the top/front (the z-index sets the stack order, so 100 should be on top of most other things). However, you probably want to fix any underlying issues rather than rely on hacks.

Code: Select all

.topicToolbarProxy
{
   z-index: 100;
}
Cramptoni
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Print button not working

Post by Cramptoni »

@Dave Lee

Many thanks for the information. Upon investigation you are quite correct that it was being hidden (although I could see it!). I rearranged the order of the toolbar/column etc and it now works fine.
Many thanks for your help.