Changing the name of the "Contents" tab in tripane help.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
leep
Propeller Head

Changing the name of the "Contents" tab in tripane help.

Post by leep »

I've been tasked with converting a French-language user guide into Flare help. I don't want to get too fancy with converting the skin to reflect the language, but I would like to change the Contents tab to Table des matières. I've looked into setting the language to French for the project. When I generate help, the Contents tab is just blank--no label at all. I'm not sure how adding a language skin would work, but it doesn't seem to do anything either as far as changing the tabs in the side bar (Contents, Index, Glossary, and what not). And I can't see any way to change just the names of those tabs. I don't even need the Index and Glossary tabs in my output, just the Contents tab. Does anybody know how to change the name of this tab?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Changing the name of the "Contents" tab in tripane help.

Post by NorthEast »

Open the target, then set the language on the Language tab.
By default, it will show translated text labels for that language.

If you need to change any of that text, then open the skin and make changes on UI Text tab.
leep
Propeller Head

Post by leep »

Thanks for the pointer, Dave. I didn't think about the target. But setting the language to French (Canada) there defeats Flare in the same way. It just decides to leave the Contents tab blank. I guess I'd call that a bug or an oversight since there really should be a provision for manually changing the label on the tabs that appear on that left pane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leep
Propeller Head

Post by leep »

But you can change the size of the tab. Which I did. And it works. Sorry for the hasty response.