How to link to a specific heading that is in a hidden tab?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
hmtebben
Jr. Propeller Head

How to link to a specific heading that is in a hidden tab?

Post by hmtebben »

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting a question here, but I've been using MadCap Flare for a little over two years now.

A few weeks ago, I found this article about adding tabs to a Flare topic: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/add ... re-topics/

Recently, I've been attempting to implement topic tabs to help organize similar topics that still have several major differences. To keep things vague, let's say we want to have one topic for field computers, but we have two different models. For simplicity's sake, we'll call them field computer A and B located in tabs A and B respectfully. So far, the tabs are working very well, and we've already styled them to our liking. Field computer A displays by default, and users can click on tab B to view the other field computer. The only issue I'm encountering is when I want to link directly to a heading located within tab B. I can't seem to figure out how to land a user on tab B without them having to click on it. I've tried using bookmarks, but hyperlinks and cross references will only bring the user to the topic with the default tab showing.

I'm guessing the solution may involve some more javascript, but my knowledge of javascript begins and ends at copy-and-pasting. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or solutions. Is there any ability to guide a user to tab B through linking and/or searching?