Extend footer across side navigation skin (HTML 5)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
DownintheHoller
Propeller Head

Extend footer across side navigation skin (HTML 5)

Post by DownintheHoller »

Hello,

We're using a side navigation skin for our HTML 5 Help deliverable. We have a header and a footer on both the Home Launch page (which does not have the side navigation skin) and on the underlying contents pages, where the side navigation skin is incorporated. The header extends the width of the display on both the Home Launch and content pages.

The footer (it's in a single row|two cell table format) extends the width of the Home Launch page, but of course does not extend beyond the border of the side navigation panel on the content pages.

On the content pages, we would like to extend the footer across the side navigation skin so that it covers the width of the display page and matches the header width.
Drawing1.png
Is there a way to customize the code to override the side navigation skin settings so that we can extend the footer the width of the page?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barbs
Propeller Head

Re: Extend footer across side navigation skin (HTML 5)

Post by barbs »

Hi there,

I stumbled on this post while trying to find help with something else, but thought I'd take the time to reply. I was able to get our footer to extend the width of the page using the following CSS.
Footer_CSS.jpg
Then I added my footer to code to my template pages.
Footer_TemplatePages.jpg
But, I did then need to do a little tweaking of the Side Nav "Menu" bottom margin and bottom padding in Styles.css because when my TOC was expanded and running off the page, and I scrolled to get to the last time in the TOC, it was hidden by the footer.
Footer_FullWidth.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DownintheHoller
Propeller Head

Post by DownintheHoller »

Why thank you! We will try something like your approach.
n0lan
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by n0lan »

Hello,

Indeed, your approach is very good. It gives me some ideas. Thank you for your answer.
My website here : https://botnation.ai/en/