Unwanted files in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
David Skoglund
Propeller Head

Unwanted files in output

Post by David Skoglund »

I'm evaluating Flare. I'm using a trial version of 2022 r2. I started with a very simple project. The TOC only contains a handful of topics. There are additional topics in the Content folders that aren't referenced by the TOC.

When I build the project to HTML5, the TOC correctly reflects the included topics. However, during the build I see that it is processing all the topics in the content area. When I look at the output directory, I see that all the topics in the Content folder have been pulled into the build. I can locate the topics through search, but they are not in the TOC.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something super obvious? I wouldn't expect the build to pull in anything not referenced by the TOC.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Unwanted files in output

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

Not a bug. Rather, you need to set a certain target option.

In your target, on the Advanced tab, look for the Content to include dropdown. Select the Content linked directly from the TOC option. That will keep out any topic that is not on your TOC. I suspect the factory template you started with has this dropdown set to Content linked directly or indirectly from the target, which means that Flare will include all the topics on your TOC AND the topics that those topics link to.

Learn more here: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ontent.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
David Skoglund
Propeller Head

Post by David Skoglund »

Thanks Nita!

That is somewhat baffling to me to set the default that way. No matter. I am now seeing the files I intend to see in the builds.
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by roboHAL »

David Skoglund wrote:Thanks Nita!

That is somewhat baffling to me to set the default that way. No matter. I am now seeing the files I intend to see in the builds.
The key, however, is to ensure your **intended audience** - not you - can view the files you intend them to be able to access. 8)