"Either-Or" condition for relationship tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

"Either-Or" condition for relationship tables

Post by Zauberlehrling »

Hi Flare community,

I struggle with a task with conditional relationship tables and would appreciate help if someone could.

I have a text about a device which has different functions with different revisions. At the moment the text is a bit confusing because the text is mixed with "If you have revision 1 then please look up" or "if you have revision 2 then please look down". I plan to separate the content to make it easier to follow the instructions. I am also using relationship tables with a list of procedures, but again I have links which say something like "for rev01 click here" and "for rev02 follow up here". I would like to separate the text in that way that I can include/exclude one of the rev-links, so that if I am in the text part with rev01 I also just see the links for rev01 in the relationship table vice versa for rev02.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any detailed descriptions for that in the Flare online help and also couldn't find any videos which would explain such a scenario. Is there anyone in the community of this forum, who could help me with that.

My knowledge of Flare is not very good, so please excuse any silly questions, if I don't understand what you might mean. :wink:

Thank you in advance,
Zauberlehrling
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Re: "Either-Or" condition for relationship tables

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I watched the video about conditions in the series "Single-Sourcing" and found a little bit about what I might need in there.
I will try out the Advanced option in the conditions, but might come back and ask question. I would appreciate some help.
Thank you in advance.