Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

Postby parsonsv on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am

Hi. I'm experimenting with glossary links in my WebHelp. Previously, they were all pop-up windows, but then I read that you can change them to links so that when you click a glossary term, the glossary pane comes in focus at the position of your term. Great. However, when I try this out, the pane does move to my term, but the term doesn't automatically open, so it's not that obvious that anything happened. Then, if I click another glossary term link that's in the same vicinity in the Glossary pane as my other term, nothing happens because that term is already in focus.

Does anyone know if you can set up the glossary link to expand the glossary term in the Glossary pane?
parsonsv
Propeller Head

Re: Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

Postby i-tietz on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 am

me-se :wink: being interested in that, too ...
And I speak for all six technical editors in my office.
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Postby lacastle on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 am

does anyone know if this is possible? i'll do a feature request if not.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Postby parsonsv on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm

From what I found out, this was not possible. I did submit a feature request, but I think they prioritize requests by the number of people asking for them. So, if we want this fixed, everyone who reads this topic and wishes it worked they way I wanted should probably post a feature request......
parsonsv
Propeller Head

Return to Web-based Outputs