Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

Post by parsonsv »

Hi. I'm experimenting with glossary links in my WebHelp. Previously, they were all pop-up windows, but then I read that you can change them to links so that when you click a glossary term, the glossary pane comes in focus at the position of your term. Great. However, when I try this out, the pane does move to my term, but the term doesn't automatically open, so it's not that obvious that anything happened. Then, if I click another glossary term link that's in the same vicinity in the Glossary pane as my other term, nothing happens because that term is already in focus.

Does anyone know if you can set up the glossary link to expand the glossary term in the Glossary pane?
Victoria Clarke
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Re: Glossary auto expand - is this possible?

Post by i-tietz »

me-se :wink: being interested in that, too ...
And I speak for all six technical editors in my office.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

does anyone know if this is possible? i'll do a feature request if not.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by parsonsv »

From what I found out, this was not possible. I did submit a feature request, but I think they prioritize requests by the number of people asking for them. So, if we want this fixed, everyone who reads this topic and wishes it worked they way I wanted should probably post a feature request......
Victoria Clarke