CONTROLLING POPUP SIZE

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kmiz
Propeller Head

CONTROLLING POPUP SIZE

Post by kmiz »

I would like to increase the default size of the popups in my WebHelp project. I searched the forums and read that mc-popup-height and mc-popup-width properties in the stylesheet were the way to change this. I am looking under Popup/Unclassified and I don't see those properites. There is a mc-min-height and min-width. Is changing these properties going to adjust the default size? Or, am I looking in the wrong place, (barking up the wrong property, so to speak)?

Thanks for your help..
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: CONTROLLING POPUP SIZE

Post by LTinker68 »

Look under the <a> style in the stylesheet. It has a "popup" class. Click on that, then expand the Unclassified category. You'll see the mc-popup-height and mc-popup-width fields filled in with the default height and width. Change the values there. Just make sure that when you create a hyperlink and specify "Popup Windows" as the target, that you also select "Popup" from the class; otherwise it won't use the dimensions you set (it'll use the browser default behavior for popup windows).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kmiz
Propeller Head

Post by kmiz »

Thank you. This has been helpful. I don't have a.popup class in my project, but when I checked, no popups in the project are selected to the popup class (just popup window). Maybe that's why the popup style is not showing up? I will research whether there is a way to globablly change the popups to the popup style or if these must be manually changed :cry: .
I appreciate the info :D
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

kmiz wrote: I will research whether there is a way to globablly change the popups to the popup style or if these must be manually changed :cry: .
Do a find and replace in Flare. Make sure you set it to look in the source code. Have it look for target="_popup" and have it change it to target="_popup" class="Popup". (Save a copy of the project first, just to be on the safe side.)

Lisa
Boone
Propeller Head

Post by Boone »

OK. I've adjusted mc-popup-width and height under a. popup. I set the width to 5in, and the height to auto. Now I have a few more questions about popups:
I thought a height of auto would adjust the box according to the amount of text, but it keeps the box the same size and adds a scroll bar. Is there another way to have it adjust to the height of the contents?
Where do I set the background color inside the popup box?
My topic is picking up the 5in popup length with just the Target Frame set to "Popup Window", I didn't have to select anything in the Style Class (it's currently blank). Is this right?
What do I have to set to get the popup window position to not go past the displayed part of the topic window?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Boone wrote:I set the width to 5in, and the height to auto.
Don't use inches. Inches is a print term and isn't easily readily understood by monitors. Use pixels instead.
Boone wrote:I thought a height of auto would adjust the box according to the amount of text, but it keeps the box the same size and adds a scroll bar. Is there another way to have it adjust to the height of the contents?... My topic is picking up the 5in popup length with just the Target Frame set to "Popup Window", I didn't have to select anything in the Style Class (it's currently blank). Is this right?
No, you have to specify the popup class in addition to specifying the popup window. The popup class tells it to use the a.popup style. If you don't select it, then it'll use the default popup window settings. In your case, it may look like it's the values you set, but it probably isn't.
Boone wrote:Where do I set the background color inside the popup box?
Are you popping up a topic or doing a text popup? If you're popping up the topic, then the background color of the popup window is determined by the background color set for the body tag of the topic being popped up. (Got that? :wink: ) If you're doing a text popup, then the color is set by the popupBody style in the stylesheet.
Boone wrote:What do I have to set to get the popup window position to not go past the displayed part of the topic window?
Not sure what you mean by that.

Lisa
Boone
Propeller Head

Post by Boone »

I got most of that. I'm doing a text popup, but I don't see anything named popupBody style in my style sheet?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Set the category view in the Stylesheet Editor to "Show all styles" or "Show dynamic effects styles".

Lisa
Boone
Propeller Head

Post by Boone »

Got it and I see it. Is there another set of settings that controls image map popup properties?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Image maps are a different type of tag and have to be handled differently. See this post --> http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... =12&t=5518

Lisa
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

I have a 600px wide image in my help. On that image, I added a popup hyperlink to a 900px wide image. When I generate and click on the image/hyperlink, my image does not display full size. (width is constant - either 600 or 900 but height is variable)

Flare mc-popup-width/height set to auto or even 100% - which seems to turn into 700x500
FF3 - image is resized down to popup size, can click on it with magnifying glass to zoom in, but then scroll bars
ff.jpg
IE7 - image is not resized, but popup has scroll bars to view the [too large for popop] image
ie.jpg
These are the Frame Properties for the popup in FF3. What does it mean? Why is it scaled?
ff2.jpg
I want the popup to automatically resize to the same size as the 900px image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

If I edit the a.Popup class with the box being 900px wide and auto height, this is what happens in FF3. it scales to 26%.
ff3.jpg
Adding a specific height (like 600px) looks the same as auto height.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.