Window Resized on Open

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
5ynic
Propeller Head

Window Resized on Open

Post by 5ynic »

Hopefully someone can put me on the right track here.

My WebHelp output (using completely vanilla/default/out-of-the-box stylesheet, target, skin etc) was being resized to 800x600.

I looked into this and it seems like the default behaviour (if you never do Project>>Add Skin) is to use the built in "HTML Help Window" skin for WebHelp output, and that this skin has some anchors set, and a size of 800x600.

So, I created a new skin, and on the new skin's Size tab I checked the "Use browser default size" checkbox, and in the browser settings area of the new skin's WebHelp Setup tab, I checked the "use browser default settings" checkbox.

Then I opened the target that I use to publish to Web Help, and on the Basic tab of the target, I set the target's Skin to point to the new skin.

When I publish to a remote web server, and then navigate to the page, my browser window is still resized. I want the browser window to NOT be resized - what step am I missing?

TIA,
Jason
-- I hope this doesn't get appended to all my posts --
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Window Resized on Open

Post by LTinker68 »

5ynic wrote:When I publish to a remote web server, and then navigate to the page, my browser window is still resized. I want the browser window to NOT be resized - what step am I missing?
Do you mean you see it physically reset its size to 800x600, or do you mean it opened at 800x600? If it's the latter, then the browser remembered what size it was last at and opened to that size automatically. If you manually resize your browser and then open the help again, the size of the browser shouldn't change. If it's the former, then you might want to clean your output folder and then rebuild. It seems to help sometimes, especially if you've made changes to the skin.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.