Glossary in headings

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
doctest
Jr. Propeller Head

Glossary in headings

Post by doctest »

HI,

i have a big problem. i have inserted a glossary in my project. but the terms appear in headings also. is there any feature or any other way by which i can remove the glossary terms from headings. i cant go for manual insertion of terms as the project is huge. Please suggest something.

Ritu
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Glossary in headings

Post by LTinker68 »

I couldn't find the post where this was brought up recently, but if I remember the response from Tech Support, then there was no way to tell it to NOT do the glossary link in a heading tag. You only have control like that if you insert the terms manually.

Can you modify the heading a bit so that it no longer exactly matches the glossary term? If your glossary term is singular, for instance, then perhaps use the plural form in the heading. I think it's a bug that the glossary term has to match precisely, but in this case it may work in your favor.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doctest
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by doctest »

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. But we cant change the headings as they reflect the screen names. So this solution is ruled out. But i read on one of the sites that this probem has been handled in 3.1 version. http://www.qbssoftware.com/product_info ... =MCAPFLARE. It says that we need to set the mc-disable-glossary-terms property on a style and the problem gets resolved. Do you have any idea about this change. Coz we r depending on this upgradation. For now we have planned to edit the code in webhelp nd resolve the problem. if you have any other way, Do let me know.

regards
Ritu
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Well, there you go. I don't do the automatic conversion, so I've never seen or looked for that property. However, I just checked, and on my it's set to "true" by default, which mean that it won't do the conversion. But perhaps yours inavertently got set to "false".

Anyway, to set the style, open the Stylesheet Editor and scroll down to the <h1> style (or whatever style you use for the "title" of the topics). Left-click on that style to select it. Expand the "Unclassified" group on the right side of the Stylesheet Editor. Click in the field to the right of the mc-disable-glossary-terms and select false. NOTE: In my screen that property was at the top of the Unclassified list, but that's because it was set to something other than default. If yours is set to default (or perhaps even false, if that's the default), then you may have to scroll down the Unclassified list to find the property.

More detailed information is available in the Flare Help (You are here: Features > Glossaries > Ignoring Glossary Terms in Styles).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doctest
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by doctest »

Hi Lisa,

Thanks a lot. you have saved us :D