Add meta info to default.htm <head> tag

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
sleeves
Propeller Head

Add meta info to default.htm <head> tag

Post by sleeves »

Is there a way to automatically include meta info into the default.htm file?
I know I can edit the output, but this is the kind of thing that can easily be forgotten. I also know that I can edit the default.htm file in C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare V3\Flare.app\Resources, but again I don't want to have to do this for every project.
So, any ideas?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Add meta info to default.htm <head> tag

Post by LTinker68 »

Not an easy way that I'm aware of, other than the manual method you mentioned.

I suggest submitting a feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. That's something that could be set at the project level (Properties screen?) since the meta info would be unique for each project/output.

BTW, if you made the modification in the Program Files folder then you'd be populating the same meta data to ALL projects. If your meta data is going to be the same, then that would be the place to do it, because once you make that modification, then it's automatically included every time you build the output, so you won't ever have to do it again (well, at least not until you install the next version of Flare).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.