Mini-TOC help?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ebunner
Jr. Propeller Head

Mini-TOC help?

Post by ebunner »

I think I must be missing a step somewhere, so any assistance would be appreciated. I am trying to simply insert a mini-toc into a page within a TOC book...the "About" page.
  • I have the mini-toc proxy in my masterpage.
    My Target is linked to this master page.
    I have a TOC Book linked to a file inside of that book, the "About" page.
    I insert the mini-toc proxy into the "About" topic.
I don't get a mini-toc? The only issue I have when I insert the mini-toc is when it asks you to choose a style. There are no style options for me to choose from. Is this the issue?

So what have I done wrong?
Thank you!

Erin
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Mini-TOC help?

Post by NorthEast »

ebunner wrote:I have a TOC Book linked to a file inside of that book, the "About" page.
The topic that is linked to the book in the TOC should not also be included inside of that book.

If a topic is linked twice in the TOC to both a both and a topic, then it will not have a mini-TOC (as it would be impossible).
ebunner
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Mini-TOC help?

Post by ebunner »

oh ok. I have it working now. I think I misunderstood how it would work. I had hoped I could use it as the link to my book in order to have my breadcrumbs operational, as well as displaying a mini TOC of all the topics within that book from the "About" page. I now see why it can't be linked twice... makes sense. I think I will just drag over the topics to make links. Won't be dynamic, but for my purposes it is ok... I think.

Thank you very much!

Erin