Popups Open in New Window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ken Billing
Propeller Head

Popups Open in New Window

Post by Ken Billing »

Yesterday, my image map popups were opening correctly in popup windows. Today, they're opening in new windows instead, regardless of the project. They pop up correctly when previewed; it's only in a browser that they open in a new window. What could have changed? The only thing I can think of is that I deleted some cookies last night.

Thanks,
Ken
Ken Billing | Technical Writer
BlueCielo ECM Solutions
http://www.bluecieloecm.com

LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Popups Open in New Window

Post by LTinker68 »

What browser are you using? FF has an option where you can set it to always open a new tab/window when you click on a link. I don't have IE7, but I know it also has a tab option, so it might have the same feature. Did you disable/enable that feature? It may not be able to recognize that the link is to a popup, not a new destination, if you get what I mean.

Although, I can tell you that in FF that doesn't happen -- I also have an image map that pops up new topics (not text), and they open as popups, not new windows.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ken Billing
Propeller Head

Post by Ken Billing »

This is using IE 7. I tried disabling tabs and the popups still open in new windows instead of popup windows.
BlueCielo ECM Solutions

LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Try deleting the output folder, then clearing the cache and history in IE, then rebuild and try again. Sometimes IE caches stuff it shouldn't, especially if you make changes to the stylesheet or skin.

And if there's another computer with IE7 on it that can browse to the help, then see if the behavior is the same on that computer. That'll narrow down whether it's your computer or something in the output.

Also, did you do any global find-and-replace in the project to replace target=_"popup" with target="_blank"?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ken Billing
Propeller Head

Post by Ken Billing »

Thanks for the suggestions, they weren't the solution but they pointed me in the right direction. I was testing from my Content folder instead of Output. I'm fairly new to Flare but I should have known better. Man, I need a vacation :oops:
BlueCielo ECM Solutions