Adding indented table in drop-down text

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Adding indented table in drop-down text

Post by Mette Nyberg »

I can't find any help topics that explain how I insert indented tables in drop-down text. When I try the indented table approach on the drop-down text, it won't work. Any clues?
Thanks.
Mette
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Adding indented table in drop-down text

Post by NorthEast »

I'm not sure what "it won't work" means.
You can't add a table to a drop-down body?
You have a table in a drop-down but you can't indent it?
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Post by Mette Nyberg »

Thanks for your prompt feedback. I have a drop-down body text and I want to insert an indented table. For body/normal style I get the list of group tags when I press Tab - but when I do the same within the body style I get an error.
Mette
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Ok, I'm still not sure exactly what the steps are that you're doing.

You can insert a table in a drop-down body, so I'm guessing it's something to do with how you're trying to indent it. What is it you're trying to do by pressing Tab? Insert a div tag?

If you're having problems setting it up inside the drop-down body, you might find it easier to set up the table the way that you want it outside of the drop-down. Then just cut and paste the table into the drop-down body.
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Post by Mette Nyberg »

I have configured a <div> tag as explained by MadCap. My div tag is named div.Table_indent (with an indent of 10mm) and I can apply this to all tables that do not reside within a drop-down body text.
I tried already to see if it worked to copy/paste a table that is indented outside the drop-down text- but it just left aligns to 0.
When I try to inset the table within the drop-down body (the way I do it on the outside) I just get an error saying "Current selection cannot be grouped, ie found no tag type that can contain the selected items." When I do this outside the drow-down body I get the list of tag types from where I can select my div.table-indent and thereby insert an indented table.
Mette
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I tried it out, and copy and paste should work.
1. Outside of the drop-down, create the div tag and insert the table as you do normally.
2. Right-click the div tag block and select Edit > Copy.
3. Move the cursor inside the drop-down body and paste.

Alternatively, type in the drop-down heading on the line above the indented table, then select the whole thing and select Insert > Drop-Down Text.
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Post by Mette Nyberg »

Ahhh - this did the trick: "Right-click the div tag block and select Edit > Copy."
It dont' know why, but the normal copy/paste doesn't work - only when I use the approach via the div tag block. Thanks.
Mette
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

No problem.
I find drop-downs (and lists) can be a bit tricky when it comes to adding divs, etc. Quite often I have to create stuff outside of the drop-down then paste it in.