Safari formatting - what am I missing?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
SarahW
Propeller Head

Safari formatting - what am I missing?

Post by SarahW »

Hi,

Testing WebHelp in Safari. Auto numbering (for numbered steps and bullets) looks fine in IE6 & 7 and Firefox, but is all over the board on Safari. I've spent some time searching the forums, and other outside resources, but have come up empty.

Any advice/thoughts on things to check or change.

Thanks,

Sarah
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Safari formatting - what am I missing?

Post by LTinker68 »

What exactly do you mean by "all over the board"? I've noticed that the amount of indent is different between IE and FF if you go with the default (unspecified) indent. If you specifically set the left margin of the list in the stylesheet, then the outputs are closer to being the same. So if that's what you mean by "all over the board", then try specifying a left margin on the <ol> and <ul> tags.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

What Version of Safari are you testing with? and this on a PC or Mac?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
SarahW
Propeller Head

Post by SarahW »

I am testing on a Mac - version 3.1.1

By all over the board, I mean the indenting keeps increasing as either the numbered or bulleted lists 'grow'. For example, the indent between 1 and the text is as expected, a bit larger between 2 and text, a bit larger between 3 and text,...

I have set the left margins in the stylesheet, but perhaps I'll fiddle with them some more.

Thanks,

Sarah
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Safari 3 and 3.1 both came out after the last release of Flare, so no rigorous QA has gone on to test against Safari 3.1 yet, If you are having issues with it, Please submitt a bug on it

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
SarahW
Propeller Head

Post by SarahW »

Well, taking the time to really look into how I set things up shed a whole lot of light on what was going on. I had inadvertently added an inline style, which I now removed. Thanks for the help.

(A somewhat embarrased :oops:) Sarah