Garbled text in Tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jbean
Propeller Head

Garbled text in Tables

Post by jbean »

When I create a table using standard Flare styles (Basic table, td.body), it looks ok in the WYSIWYG but when i do a preview or generate output, the text in some cells is all smooshed together and garbled and some rows are mashed together. I tried tagging text as p but doesn't make a difference.

Example attached

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Garbled text in Tables

Post by KevinDAmery »

I would take a look at the code for the topic in a text editor and see if there's anything odd there.

Also, what happens if you actually build your output rather than using the preview?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jbean
Propeller Head

Post by jbean »

hmmm. interesting

it is garbled in the WebHelp output, but in the print output it is fine.

I looked at the code and didn't see anything unusual. perhaps you can take a peek at the file I attached ....

Thanks
jbean
Propeller Head

Post by jbean »

i just realized that if i expand my browser width, some of the text that was overlapping appears fine, although long stings still overlap.

is there something in the style sheet or table properties that will cause the text to not wrap depending on the size of the browser window ?

thanks
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

jbean wrote:i just realized that if i expand my browser width, some of the text that was overlapping appears fine, although long stings still overlap.

is there something in the style sheet or table properties that will cause the text to not wrap depending on the size of the browser window ?

thanks
Not sure, I'd have to look at it to see.

BTW, you've been mentioning attached files / images in your posts: there isn't anything visible in them, though.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jbean
Propeller Head

Post by jbean »

i don't think the code in the topic itself will shed any light.

it's something to do with the cell properties that is not allowing the row to expand vertically to accommodate wrapped text. seems like that should be the default behaviour.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Did you by any chance set the column widths to a fixed size? If you tell columns A, B, and C to be exactly 1 inch wide and one 1 inch high that is what they will be regardless of how much text you stuff into them. Also, which browser do you use to look at the output? Does it work any different using a different browser?