Showing browse sequence from merged Help

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
A_S_L
Propeller Head

Showing browse sequence from merged Help

Post by A_S_L »

Hi,

Before I throw my toys out of the pram, I thought someone here could help me.

I am in the process of rebuilding an existing Help system. Part of this process involves separating content into separate projects so that they can be managed individually. These individual projects can be viewed from our Knowledge Center (KC).

One feature that I would like to add to the KC, is the ability to browse by 'profiles'. I think this is a good method of providing different users with information specific to their role. However, this is where my problem starts. As the 'profile' information is project specific, I would like to create and maintain the browse sequences in each project. Then, all these browse sequences are combined into one big browse sequence during the merge. The only way I can achieve this is by linking to the browse sequences in the individual project, then manually editing the links. Basically, the links in the compiled project do not include "/Subsystems/<Project>". Obviously, I can do this manually, but that could be time-consuming if required every build.

I would really appreciate any help. I did try to use my Platinum 'support' package (many many times), but so far they have yet to respond to anything I have asked.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Showing browse sequence from merged Help

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Dear Andrew

I am showing 2 email tickets you have submitted, but it maybe that you didn't get our replies back as your spam filer may of blocked them, Please be sure to allow supportplanrep@madcapsoftware.com to be unblocked my your email account. These tickets were regarding Clearing out your registry. I do have the Voicemail that you left on 5/22/08 And I will attempt to call you shortly. Currently its not possible to have different browse sequences from different projects be merged togehter, I have added this as a feature suggestion
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
A_S_L
Propeller Head

Re: Showing browse sequence from merged Help

Post by A_S_L »

Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will contact our IT department to see if they are blocking MadCap's support e-mails.

It is a shame that this functionality is not available, but thank you for adding a feature suggestion. It is definitely something I would find very useful. I am hoping it gets incorporated soon. :)

Regards,
Andrew