deleting unwanted subsystem skin files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
NickC
Propeller Head

deleting unwanted subsystem skin files

Post by NickC »

I have a master project with 12 or so subsystems. When I publish the master project, the susbsystems all include the skin information for this subystsem in the data directory.

Because the master skin files are the same for all subsystems, could I not simply delete the unwanted directories from the published output. The problem is one of space for our product on the CD - I need to lighten the load. Any other advice on trimming down project sizes and file numbers also gratefully received!
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: deleting unwanted subsystem skin files

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The skin files for the Slave system should still be there, just in case some one opens the slave system and doesn't open via the Master project
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
NickC
Propeller Head

Post by NickC »

OK. But typically a slave remains attached to a master project when bundled with software and - for me at least - there are a lot of files which don't need to be there... An option which allows you to not load skin files etc. when attaching subsystems could be useful.
QBF
MadCap User

Post by QBF »

NickC wrote:An option which allows you to not load skin files etc. when attaching subsystems could be useful.
With Madcap, one needs to submit a "feature" request https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx when asking for an enhancement.

Madcap Software looks at how many people want a particular enhancement, and then they decide on if enough people want it to justify including that enhancement in a release. I have already requested the ability to condition out skins, alias files, etc. but the more the merrier!