Adding TOC now results in broken bookmark links.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
cnovici
Propeller Head

Adding TOC now results in broken bookmark links.

Post by cnovici »

I am creating a WebHelp target. After converting Frame files, I add a previously created customized TOC instead of using the default generated TOC and get a slew of broken bookmark links. The topic links from this new TOC work fine, it is just the bookmark links that are the problem.

For example, a Topic links to: content\10_Understanding_4004742660_1441308 while the broken bookmark links to: content\10_Understanding_863732651_1441308. Obviously, there is a discrepancy in the first number set while the second number set matches perfectly. Is there some way to remedy this discrepancy on a macro-level?

In earlier projects, I used to be able to add such a previously created TOC without any problem after converting my FM files. Obviously, I don't want to have to manually create a customized TOC every time I convert my FM files or manually fix these bookmark links every time. What could be the cause of this TOC issue and what is the solution?

Incidentally, when I click Project--> Add TOC and am in the Add TOC window I get the following error under Template Description:

Code: Select all

[Internal error loading template file: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 1.]
. I chose "repair" Flare under the re-installation options but I still get this internal template error. Could something be corrupted or does this have nothing to do with the TOC issue?