Problem displaying WebHelp on thin client

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Problem displaying WebHelp on thin client

Post by jblackwood »

I have a client reporting a problem with displaying the WebHelp on a thin client. When they go to access our Help they get an Internet Explorer error. When they click OK on the first error they get a second error. When they click OK on the seocnd error no more error messages are raised, but nothing displays. The URL that displays in IE is D:\HLTHPNT\HELP\Default.htm. If I replace the "D:\" with the server name such as "\\vserv\HLTHPNT\HELP\Default.htm". Everything works fine. They are the only client reporting this issue. Any ideas? I'm attaching the two IE errors in hopes someone can help me out. Thanks!

Jeff
BEPE Error1.png
BEPE Error2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem displaying WebHelp on thin client

Post by LTinker68 »

Do they have a problem if they try it from Firefox? That will narrow down whether it's an issue with the output or with the browser being used.

And if it is a problem because of IE, do you have MOTW enabled or disabled? Whichever way you had it set originally, you might want to switch to the other option and try it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

No problem if I use Firefox. Originally MOTW was checked. Unchecking MOTW doesn't appear to make a difference.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

If it's only that one client and only when they're using IE, then it sounds like they may have some security options enabled on their IE browsers that other clients don't have. Is it just that one help project that they have a problem with, or can you create a brand new test project and they have the same problem?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

At this point they are the only client I know of with the problem. I can try a new test project. Getting it deployed to them isn't exactly easy though. Thanks for the help! I'll keep digging...
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

The only way we were able to resolve the issue we were having was to enable "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" in Internet Options on the Security tab under Internet. I just wanted to pass that along in case it may help anybody else in the future.