"Failed to resolve link" error in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bbuchko
Propeller Head

"Failed to resolve link" error in TOC

Post by bbuchko »

I'm getting "Failed to resolve link" errors when I build one of my WebHelp targets. The thing is, they are for topics that shouldn't even be included due to conditional tags. I've tried removing and replacing the links within the topics, removing the conditions, and deleting and reinserting the topics into the TOC, but I haven't had any luck. The only topics I could find on the forums were about people having trouble with TOCs for projects imported from other programs, but this one I built from scratch in Flare.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob
bbuchko
Propeller Head

Re: "Failed to resolve link" error in TOC

Post by bbuchko »

Nevermind. I'm dumb.

I was trying to reuse content, so I was including non-conditional topics from other folders as subtopics under the conditional topics. Flare was having none of that.

So, new Flare users, if you get "Failed to resolve link" errors in your TOC on topics that have subtopics under them, check to ensure the topics aren't being excluded due to conditions, but still have topics that will be included under them in the TOC hierarchy.

It's ironic that I've been struggling with this for a few hours, then I figure it out within 5 minutes of posting for help. ;)

UPDATE: You can just apply the same conditions as the main topic to the sub-topic TOC entries (not to the topics themselves) whose conditions don't match. Voila, the effect you were looking for without duplicate content! Flare rocks. :)

Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob