Print button in toolbar not working consistently on Mac?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

Print button in toolbar not working consistently on Mac?

Post by ChristineShirey »

I hope somebody can coach me on how to get this working. When I run my WebHelp project in Safari on my PC or my iMac, the Print button in the skin works fine. When I open the same WebHelp output from the host application, clicking the Print button does not open the Print dialog.

The WebHelp is rendered in a webkit window, which I understand is Safari-based, when it is called from the application, so I'm puzzled about the difference in behavior.

Do you think there's anything I can do in the skin itself to ensure that the Print button works? I tried adding some (redundant?) javascript to the Print button's OnClick property, but I must have had the syntax wrong because then the Print button didn't even open the Print dialog on my PC.

Thanks for any recommendations anybody can offer!
Christine
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Print button in toolbar not working consistently on Mac?

Post by Richard Ferrell »

What Version of Safari? If you try our knowledge base at Kb.madcapsoftware.com does it work for you?

I know that Flare v3.1 may not work with Safari 3..1.2 on the Mac, but this will be corrected in the next release of Flare.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

Thank you, Richard.

The version of Safari that's running on my iMac is 3.1.1 (5525.18), but remember I said that the Print button in the WebHelp skin works fine if I launch it in Safari by double-clicking default.htm. It's only broken (fails to open Print dialog) when the WebHelp has been opened from the application Help menu in a webkit window.

Can you tell me if I can add anything in the Print button's OnClick property in the Skin Editor to force the desired behavior? (I'm unclear about why it works in some environments without an OnClick property. Can you tell me what that part of the Skin Editor is used for?)

Thanks,
Christine

P.S. Yes, the Print button in the toolbar at kb.madcapsoftware.com works fine when I launch it in my version of Safari (3.1.1).
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

FYI: This problem was resolved by the developer who coded the window in which we were displaying Help on the Mac. I wish I could provide details, but I only know that he tweaked something in his code that was preventing the javascript for the Print button from working correctly. I didn't need to make any changes in the skin.