customizing colors etc.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jpeffley
Propeller Head

customizing colors etc.

Post by jpeffley »

I'm using the blue template, but I would like to customize the color of the book icons, the Back and Forward arrows, and so on. I also would like to turn off the browse toolbar.

I have gone through the various settings and tried setting colors, but I believe I would actually have to modify the book icons, back and forward controls etc - and I can't find these icons. I looked through the images folder but the book icon in there is appaently NOT the one being used in the skin.

Can anybody help me find the gif's I need to modify?
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: customizing colors etc.

Post by lacastle »

You can get the images from the output file (if you are using the non-default skin):

...\project name\Output\your name\target\Data\Skin(name of skin)

Save them to a new location, make any changes (in Photoshop or something like that), then reference the new icons in your skin styles.

What's the browse toolbar? the browse sequence? you can remove that from the skin editor.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: customizing colors etc.

Post by NorthEast »

jpeffley wrote:I also would like to turn off the browse toolbar.
If you mean the toolbar on the browser (not WebHelp), then you can set this on the skin's WebHelp Setup tab by using the check-boxes in the Browser Settings.

Do pay attention to the note and help topic link on the right of this tab. To open your browser window without a toolbar (or any of the other features), you need to open your Webhelp using the Javascript method used for CSH. If you open your help using a normal link or double-clicking on a file, your browser will open with its normal toolbar (and other features) and you won't see any difference.