Table not appearing as it does in XML?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
EdlineTS
Propeller Head

Table not appearing as it does in XML?

Post by EdlineTS »

Greetings,

I am working on setting up a table, but when I generate my output, it does not appear as it does on the XML editor view?

Here is what I see on my screen (I tried to leave some tags revealed):

And here is what shows up with the output (notice the ugly red area highlight for what is different):

Any idea on why the table is not appearing as it does when I lay it out? Does anyone know of documentation we have access to regarding how this thing works? The Flare help scratches the basic surface, but it leaves much to be desired as far as detailed instruction.

Thanks,
R
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Table not appearing as it does in XML?

Post by RamonS »

I#d check if there are any margins set in the CSS for the <table> tag. If yes, setting those to 0 should work out better. Also, you have table height set to "auto", you may want to set that to a different (fixed) value and see if that makes it better. Other than that, posting the XML from the source and the XHTML from the output might give an additional clue.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Table not appearing as it does in XML?

Post by LTinker68 »

Generally speaking, you should never set a height value on a table and I'd only set the height on a cell if I had a graphic in a cell and didn't want the cell to expand higher than that graphic, but I rarely even do that.

Check to make sure that you don't have any inline styles in the table (Flare adds some inline styles automatically when you insert a table, but none of them should cause this affect, but check anyway). But I'd do like RamonS said and check the styles, especially for the <th> or <thead> tags and the <td> tag. BTW, if you copied or imported the text from somewhere then it might have had some inline styles in with the text and you inadvertently copied them in, too.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.