Losing some styles when displayed from one server

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Losing some styles when displayed from one server

Post by trent the thief »

Hi,

I have three instances of apache 1.3.33. Two of them (1 win, 1 linux) display help in my browser formatted as I expected. The third (linux) loses most of the styles. Same output directory delivered from all three servers.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Losing some styles when displayed from one server

Post by RamonS »

I'd look at the apache configuration on the misbehaving server and see if there is for any twisted reason a rule in there that tells Apache to do something special with CSS files. The only other thing that I noticed is that sometimes the CSS comes in last when loading a page and it may just happen that you get everything over and the loading the CSS times out, should be easy to check when calling the help on the server directly. And then also, did the CSS file make it to all three servers?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

And this is just a shot in the dark, since I have limited knowledge of web servers and even less knowledge about the differences between IIS and Apache, but is there an option to enable server-side includes or other types of includes on the server? I ran into a similar problem on an IIS server, although it did display stylesheet include references correctly, but it missed other "include" types.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

On a stock Apache install it usually serves up anything that is in the htdocs folder unless there are special instructions to do otherwise, such as sending files that end in .php to the PHP interpretor rather than as raw text straight to the browser.
One other thing could be that the server cannot find the CSS that was requested, which would come up in the error log. I doubt it since the rest of the help gets sent out without problem, but it is still a possibility.