Use of _left.htm file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
doctest
Jr. Propeller Head

Use of _left.htm file

Post by doctest »

hi,

Can smebody tell me the use of the _left.htm file created while generating webhelp. Coz the code of the project.htm file and the project_left.htm file is the same. we are facing some problem while integration due to this file.

regards
Ritu
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Use of _left.htm file

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The _Left file is used in CSH calls, but there is no reason that you need to call this file
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
doctest
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by doctest »

hi,

So can we delete this file in case there is some problem faced during integration. As u said this file is not called. So is it a redundant file. In what scenario will this file be called as the code for the csh file and left file is same.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

It is not used in the CSH calls from your application, but it is used for displaying the help. You can't just delete it. I also wonder which integration problems you encounter. The only page that is of any relevance when integrating WebHelp is the default topic _csh.htm file, which also behaves and operates like calling any other URL.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The default_left file is required by Flare, I would not delete this file as it may cause problems later. When the skin has to be reloaded
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer