Strange behaviour in Flare 4.0

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
raikeswood
Propeller Head

Strange behaviour in Flare 4.0

Post by raikeswood »

Just tried to change the properties (Label and FontSize) of the SearchFiltersLabel style in my WebHelp skin. This worked fine, but the Search box immediately above it shrank to a tiny box. Am I doing anything wrong? Removed the said properties and the search box went back to normal. Strange! Any help would be appreciated.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Strange behaviour in Flare 4.0

Post by LTinker68 »

The search box must be using the same settings as whatever you specify for the SearchFiltersLabel style, and the font size determines the size of the box. It doesn't appear that you can specify the font size for the search box, although you can specify its tooltip. (Why you can do that but not specify its font size or distance from the top of the pane, I have no idea.)

If you want the search box font size to be different from the search filters label then you'd have to modify the appropriate spot in the skin styles after you build the project. That is, modify one of the output files. You'll have to make that same modification every time you build the project. Or, if you're gutsy, you can modify the relevant file in the Flare program folder and that change will filter through to all your projects.

In the meantime, submit a feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx asking for the ability to set more styles for the search box.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
raikeswood
Propeller Head

Re: Strange behaviour in Flare 4.0

Post by raikeswood »

Thanks Lisa :)