Primary target isn't being saved

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
sdriggars
Propeller Head

Primary target isn't being saved

Post by sdriggars »

I currently have two target outputs: one for WebHelp, and another for Word. My WebHelp output is the primary output--I use Word for review purposes. I can set my WebHelp output as my primary output, and all is well--but this isn't being saved. When I open the project later, it reverts back to Word being the primary output. It isn't happening every time, though--I suspect it something to do with checking out files from Team Foundation Server. It's simple enough to fix, but annoying.
--Stephen
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Primary target isn't being saved

Post by RamonS »

Assuming that this is stored in the project file, maybe checking the project file out, making the change, and then explicitly checking it back in may do the trick. Just guessing....I try to stay away from TFS as far as possible.
sdriggars
Propeller Head

Post by sdriggars »

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been doing that, but it doesn't make any difference. I'm not sure where exactly this information is stored in Flare, but I'm checking in the entire project and it still isn't saving the primary build information. It's not a huge deal, just a minor nuisance.
--Stephen
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Please report it as a bug here:
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
sdriggars
Propeller Head

Post by sdriggars »

I think we've found the issue. It isn't quite true that we check in the entire project. Our build team is creating the Help builds for us, and they've asked us to delete the Output and Project\Users folders from our project before we check our files into TFS. Apparently, when this occurs, Flare loses track of the last primary target that was selected, and resets it.
--Stephen
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

The setting for the primary target is a per user setting, and it's stored in Project\Users\UserName\UserData.fluser

It will contain something like:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CatapultUser PrimaryTarget="/Project/Targets/TargetName.fltar" />
I don't understand why you need to delete the Project\Users folder though.
I use VSS, and Flare doesn't include any files from Project\Users in source control, they're just stored locally.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

I would agree with Dave on that one. The Output folder makes perfect sense to delete before checking in, since your output files can vary a lot. But the user files shouldn't have any affect on anything.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

That depends on how files are checked in. When using an external client and selecting the entire project directory including subdirectories all of the files will be checked in. I guess it is sufficient to have that have happened only once for it to be in TFS.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

If the Project is moved or copied it will reset the Primary Layout back to the very first one listed inTargets
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer