How do I turn off the TOC frame?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
sleeves
Propeller Head

How do I turn off the TOC frame?

Post by sleeves »

I want to generate some web help that only has the main content frame and no navigation frame, can anyone tell me how to do it?

In the Skin Editor Basic tab I've turned off all the features and in the WebHelp Setup tab I've set the navigation frame size to 0 but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off all together - it still includes the frame which flashes up the first time you load the help.

Is there a way to just generate the content without all the fluff?

Cheers
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: How do I turn off the TOC frame?

Post by doc_guy »

I had that problem, and I ended up building my help, but then creating a re-direct that pointed you directly to the topic you wanted. If you don't care about the other frames, you can just pull the topic directly.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

sleeves
Propeller Head

Post by sleeves »

Ok thanks, that's not an ideal solution but may prove workable for now.

Does anyone have any idea if what I am asking is possible? I guess what Flare would be outputting would be just a set of linked web pages rather than a help framework. An alternative would be to use something like Dreamweaver I suppose.
DanAustin
Propeller Head

Post by DanAustin »

In the skin editor, you can "Hide Navigation Pane on Startup". It's under the WebHelp Setup tab. Will this do what you need?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Flare does not include any way to generate an HTML-based output without the frameset. Regardless of the settings you select, the frameset is always created, and Flare is displayed in that frameset. If you don't want the frameset, you can copy the XHTML output files out of the WebHelp folder and put them wherever you want them. In my example, I just published the whole Flare project, but linked people to the XHTML pages, because that was easier for me. But you can copy your built files and just copy the XHTML and related reference files, and it will work fine. Of course, the only navigation you'll have is the navigation you've built into your actual topics.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog