Custom button showing double in IE6

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
gingermc
Propeller Head

Custom button showing double in IE6

Post by gingermc »

I have a custom email button I added to my toolbar in a WebHelp project created using Flare v4.

The email button works in IE6, but it shows double in the toolbar.
double_email.png
It looks and works exactly as it should in the toolbar in IE7, Firefox 3, and Chrome.

Does anyone have any insight on why this is happening in IE6 and how I can fix it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ginger Mc
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Custom button showing double in IE6

Post by LTinker68 »

It's probably shorter than the other icons. It's been awhile since I've played with the toolbar, but I think it uses background settings or something and if the area to be covered by the image is taller than the image then it wallpapers the available space. Make the icon the same height or near to the same height as the other icons, even if the extra area in the image is just the background color.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

If you want to use a transparent color, be sure to save your image as a .gif, NOT .png, which won't show up properly in IE6 and older.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

gingermc
Propeller Head

Post by gingermc »

I made the icon a similar height to the other toolbar icons with the extra area in the image the background color. That fixed the problem in IE6.

Thanks!!
Ginger Mc