Index not loading when MOTW enabled

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
alicat
Propeller Head

Index not loading when MOTW enabled

Post by alicat »

The index in my WebHelp output was not loading, so I turned off 'Mark of the Web', rebuilt the WebHelp, and now the index loads fine. I would, however, like to use MOTW because the help will be run locally from users' machines. Anyone know why MOTW would prevent the index from loading?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Index not loading when MOTW enabled

Post by RamonS »

When the index did not load, did you access the help from a server? MOTW is only needed when accessing help locally and using IE. Contrary, when using IE and accessing MOTW-enabled help from a server things like index not loading may happen. I assume you used IE? Or did you use a web browser?
alicat
Propeller Head

Post by alicat »

I used IE, and I did not access it from a server.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

So, I guess recommending using a browser that does work isn't much help I assume, but still worth a try to see if there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with the help itself. My next approach would be to clean out the output folder and make a new compile checking beforehand that MOTW is enabled. Which version of IE did you use? Other than that, I'd be as stumped as you are.

Uhh, and welcome to the forums....
alicat
Propeller Head

Post by alicat »

Thanks. I'm using IE7. I tried cleaning the project and compiling fresh output with MOTW enabled, but the problem still occurs. I'll have to see who has a different browser around here...
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

You can get other, excellent browsers from http://www.getfirefox.com or http://www.opera.com. Better browsers are just one click away. Keep in mind that neither Firefox nor Opera give anything about MOTW being present or not. Since these browsers have better security built in they don't need tricks and tweaks to work right.
I think it is good practice to check help against these browsers anyway as they become more and more popular and IE luckily less dominant.
alicat
Propeller Head

Post by alicat »

Thanks for the info. I ran the help in the Firefox browser, and the Index loaded fine. However, the Search does not load! The Search and TOC loaded fine in Internet Explorer.