error when trying to generate WebHelp output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
STJ
Jr. Propeller Head

error when trying to generate WebHelp output

Post by STJ »

Hi everyone,

I've got a pretty strange problem with building WebHelp output.
When I try to generate WebHelp output, Flare displays the following message:

Errors:
Description: Root emlement is missing.
Subsystem: Compiler (Internal Error)

The weird thing is that this problem doesn't occur when I try to generate a doc target. What's even weirder: If I copy my project to some colleague's PC and try to generate the WebHelp output there, it works although we all have the same work environment. Same OS, same software installed, etc. Reinstalling Flare doesn't solve the problem.

Has anyone by any change encountered the same problem and found a solution to it? I'd really appreciate if you could help me.

Thanks in advance
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: error when trying to generate WebHelp output

Post by RamonS »

Hi! Welcome to the forums!
The standard question first: Does it happen as well with the sample project? If not, one thing you might try is to clear the output folder and then try again. Another "typically addresses many issues" approach is to reinstall the .NET runtime. If that still doesn't work we got a bizarre case. Does the error specify any topic or line number? If yes, when you exclude that topic from compile (using conditions) will that work then? I somewhat doubt that it is an issue with the project itself, but who knows...
STJ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by STJ »

Hi RamonS,

Thanks for your prompt reply! Well, it doesn't happen with the sample project. And clearing the output folder and reinstalling the .Net framework didn't change a thing...

Unfortunately, the error doesn't specify anything in particular. As I already posted, the error message says:
Errors:
Description: Root emlement is missing.
Subsystem: Compiler (Internal Error)

There's no more to it.

Maybe there's really something wrong with my project. I forgot to mention in my post that the project I'm working on was first stored on our exchange server and then moved to my pc. I'm not sure whether this is important or not though.

Well, I'm grateful for any further suggestions
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Well, I don't know if that is an option, but does it work when moving it back to the Exchange server? I guess that there is no significance to the project having been stored on an Exchange server, but it is worth a try.
STJ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by STJ »

I've tried that already. But the error occurs all the same... There must be a jinx on it;)
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

You mentioned that most things are the same on your system as your colleague's, but you didn't mention the folder structure. Have you tried ensuring that you have the project and output folders set up the same way as your colleague?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
STJ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by STJ »

Thanks for your suggestion. In fact, the folder structure of the project on my system is exactly the same as the one on my colleague's system...