Error when compiling webhelp - css is in use by another proc

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
KBaine
Propeller Head

Error when compiling webhelp - css is in use by another proc

Post by KBaine »

I have developed a one-topic Help file that I'm trying to generate into webhelp for a PDA application.

I have not been able to get it to compile at all. I keep getting the following error message:

Internal error: The process cannot access the file ........ (project folder names) webhelp\Content\Skin Support\Madcap.css because it is being used by another process.

I only have the one small project open. Don't know what's going on.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Kathleen Baine
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Error when compiling webhelp - css is in use by another proc

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you change where the output is being built or is it going to the default location? If you changed the location, do you now have it being built back into the working content folder?

If you reboot or log out and back in (depending on your environment), does that take care of the problem?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KBaine
Propeller Head

Post by KBaine »

I left everything at default. I don't know why it would say there is a madcap.css in my Stylesheets folder. The only file in there is Styles.css (maybe that's the MadCap style sheet?).

I have shut down Flare and reopened everything.

Are you suggesting I shut down my PC and reboot?

Thank you,
Kathleen
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Yes, give rebooting a shot. It sounds like something didn't kill a process when it should have and exiting Flare won't necessarily kill that process.

The stylesheet it's referencing isn't one from your project. It's one that Flare uses for the skin and special effects and other features. It's added to the output folder automatically when you build.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

I get occasional errors like that in Windows on seemingly random files (though I haven't seen them in CSS files during a Flare build), and a reboot almost always solves the problem.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

KBaine
Propeller Head

Post by KBaine »

I rebooted my PC - no change. I deleted the target and created a new one. It compiled okay twice, then it started with the same problem. I rebooted my PC again. I deleted the target and again created a new one. Same problem. This is nuts. Is this a bug in Flare or Windows? I never had this problem with any other Flare project. I can't get this web help to compile.

Kathleen
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Double check the location the target is building to - specifically, make sure it isn't building into the location where your source files are.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare