auto numbers not present in webhelp output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bashbaugh
Jr. Propeller Head

auto numbers not present in webhelp output

Post by bashbaugh »

I'm having trouble getting some auto-numbers so show up in my webhelp and print output. I've set a style in my stylesheet for images and set up auto-numbers for it to number figures throughout my document. The auto-numbers show up in the XML Editor, but not in Preview mode or output. I've also set the properties for the chapters in my TOC to start new chapter where needed and all that. Basically, I followed the directions in the help section for creating auto-numbers. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be preventing the auto-numbers from showing up in my output?
Last edited by bashbaugh on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: auto numbers not present in webhelp output

Post by LTinker68 »

First, what's the code you have in your stylesheet for the auto-numbering?

Second, if you're trying to set a global sequential numbering for WebHelp output, it won't work, because online output is dynamic, and unlike print output, topics don't have to be in the TOC to be included in the output. You can have topics that aren't in the TOC but that you can still access by searching, or clicking on a link in another topic, and so on. So there's no reference point in online output for determining the order, so global sequencing doesn't work in online output.

So for whatever tag you're using the auto-number with don't specify an auto-number format in the default medium, but do specify an auto-number format in the print medium and have it be sequential globally or at the chapter level.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.