WebHelp not displaying properly in Windows 2000/IE6

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

WebHelp not displaying properly in Windows 2000/IE6

Post by Ineffable »

I have a customer that can't view my WebHelp system. He is running IE6 (6.0.2800.1106, SP1) on Windows 2000 SP4.

All he sees is the main frame load up. The Toolbar is empty (although the background color--black--renders), the TOC is empty and the main frame is empty. I get the browser's error icon in the bottom left-hand corner. Clicking it produces the IE error dialog box, which allows you to leaf through the errors; my WebHelp generates about 20 errors. Flipping through shows that none of the /Skin .htm files loaded and none of the /Contents .htm files, not to mention the index.htm and a few other files.

The errors displayed are all over the place: 'Object expected'; 'CMCDictionary is undefined'; Expected '('; Expected identifier; gOnloadFuncs is undefined; Object doesn't support this property or method.

The same WebHelp renders properly with IE7, IE8, Safari and Firefox. I've also used the IE6 browser on the system to view other complex websites without issues. I even went to some Flash-heavy websites and they rendered without issue.

I've compared my site to theirs and the one thing my site does NOT have in common is MOTW. Mine has it; theirs doesn't.
UPDATE: I removed MOTW from my output, but it did not fix my issue.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: WebHelp not displaying properly in Windows 2000/IE6

Post by KevinDAmery »

Does the same thing happen on other systems with IE6? It could be a system setup or security issue.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

KevinDAmery wrote:Does the same thing happen on other systems with IE6? It could be a system setup or security issue.
After much tinkering and pressing and unpressing of buttons in Tools > Internet Options... > [every tab], I finally got it to work. However, since I clicked so many things in frustration, I don't know what I did to make to work.

But the only good thing is that it did. :)
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

Ineffable wrote:
KevinDAmery wrote:Does the same thing happen on other systems with IE6? It could be a system setup or security issue.
After much tinkering and pressing and unpressing of buttons in Tools > Internet Options... > [every tab], I finally got it to work. However, since I clicked so many things in frustration, I don't know what I did to make to work.

However, I have a hunch it was a security setting. Strange, because I know I had clicked every single button, but it seemed to have worked after I removed the MOTW from my output.