Webhelp Popup in Safari

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
gbyrnes
Propeller Head

Webhelp Popup in Safari

Post by gbyrnes »

My default.css setting for popup window is set to the standard 700x500px which displays fine in IE but not in Safari (more like 300x200px). Attempts at changing these demensions do not appear to have any effect in Safari. Does anyone have any suggestions how to display a popup in Safari so it can be easily read. Alternatively, can the popup be set so it can be resized?

Thanks,

George Byrnes
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Webhelp Popup in Safari

Post by LTinker68 »

gbyrnes wrote:My default.css setting for popup window...
Are you referring to the popup class beneath the <a> tag? That's the one you need to change to control the size of the popup window. And you need to apply that popup class to the <a> tag in the topic. Otherwise the default popup window size will be used, and that popup window size I believe is determined by the browser, although Flare might have a default value set in one of its stylesheets.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
gbyrnes
Propeller Head

Post by gbyrnes »

Thanks, Lisa. Yes, I made the changes you mentioned but Flare 4.1 seems to set up a different structure than previous versions. For example, under /Content/Resources instead of just the /Images folder, a new project in 4.1 produces /Images, /PageLayouts, /Stylesheets, and /TableStyles. Also, my legacy file topics are set to mc-popup instead of just popup. Resizing is no problem in a new project, but with this legacy one, I think I'm doomed.

Thanks for the help.

George
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

How about the pseudo-classes under MadCap|popup? That MadCap|popup was added in v4, so maybe that's what you're supposed to use instead of the legacy a.popup.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.