Chromeless WebHelp Window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Chromeless WebHelp Window

Postby milewski on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:33 am

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem getting the WebHelp window to come up without the Toolbar, Menu, Location Bar, or Status Bar.

I have created my header and alias files. I am using the url method to call the help topic (ApplicationHelp_CSH.htm#1004).

The answer should be in the skin editor. The Flare Help states: “If you do not select ‘Use Browser Default Settings’ above, click the check boxes next to each browser feature that you want to include in the output window.” I have gone into the skin editor on the WebHelp Setup tab and removed all of the checkmarks in the Browser Settings, Browser Features area, but with no result.

I realize I could modify the original <a href> tag with an onclick=window.open to create the desired effect, but I do not have control over the source link inside the application.

I am not sure if this is a result of a changed behavior in XP that prevents Chromeless Windows all together (a security update). I had dismissed this because I can create the desired effect using the window.open call.

Any insights would be appreciated.
milewski
Propeller Head

Return to Web-based Outputs