Chromeless WebHelp Window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
milewski
Propeller Head

Chromeless WebHelp Window

Post by milewski »

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem getting the WebHelp window to come up without the Toolbar, Menu, Location Bar, or Status Bar.

I have created my header and alias files. I am using the url method to call the help topic (ApplicationHelp_CSH.htm#1004).

The answer should be in the skin editor. The Flare Help states: “If you do not select ‘Use Browser Default Settings’ above, click the check boxes next to each browser feature that you want to include in the output window.” I have gone into the skin editor on the WebHelp Setup tab and removed all of the checkmarks in the Browser Settings, Browser Features area, but with no result.

I realize I could modify the original <a href> tag with an onclick=window.open to create the desired effect, but I do not have control over the source link inside the application.

I am not sure if this is a result of a changed behavior in XP that prevents Chromeless Windows all together (a security update). I had dismissed this because I can create the desired effect using the window.open call.

Any insights would be appreciated.