The Exit button in the toolbar does not work for me.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Sharpras
Sr. Propeller Head

The Exit button in the toolbar does not work for me.

Post by Sharpras »

I am creating WebHelp in Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, SP 3. I selected to have the Exit button [CloseHelp] on my toolbar within the Skin. In the Skin > Styles > Type, the OnClick property says: onClick="javascript:window.close();" But when I open the Help and click the Exit button it doesn't do anything. Has anyone else used it? Is this a bug?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: The Exit button in the toolbar does not work for me.

Post by NorthEast »

Flare's skin designer doesn't include a button type that closes the help, so is this something that you added (or the person who designed the skin)?

Anyway, I can see a few things with the javascript OnClick property.

First, you don't need the onClick=" " part, you just need the javascript itself.

Second, the action window.close() will close the current window, but the window is inside a frameset so it is acting on the frame containing the toolbar icons, not the whole thing. The command top.window.close() will try to close the whole frameset.

Anyway, try this for the OnClick property (exactly as it is):

Code: Select all

top.window.close();
That will close the window (for the whole frameset) - if you have IE you might get a confirmation prompt to close it.
Sharpras
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: The Exit button in the toolbar does not work for me.

Post by Sharpras »

Thanks, Dave. That worked [ top.window.close(); ] --closed the WebHelp after OK-onfirmation window.

Roger