Icon will not update

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Icon will not update

Post by Ineffable »

No matter what I do, I cannot get the Delete Favorite Topics button to change to my custom button. The funny thing is that I use the same icon for the Delete Favorite Searches button and it works fine.

I have deleted all browser caches, all of the temporary files Flare creates when previewing a skin (the problem shows up with generated projects as well as previewed ones), and have searched my entire hard disk for my custom button file--the only place it is located is in my own Flare custom graphics directory.

In the Skin Editor, I select the Styles tab, then Control > TopicFavoritesDeleteButton. I then expand Basic and then click on the Icon selection. I then select the Browse for Image command, then add my custom button graphic from my custom graphics directory.

I do the same exact procedure for the SearchFavoritesDeleteButton, but for whatever reason that works just fine, and retains the custom graphic I load it up for it.

Another strange--and seemingly related--phenomenon is that after I preview/output the project, the Favorites/Search/TOC accordion frames revert back to a white background when I Refresh that frame. It also causes the custom SearchFavoritesDeleteButton to revert back to the default icon.

One potential explanation: This all happened when I upgraded to Flare v4SP1 today. But I have no idea how/why it would do that, especially when it's just the single Favorites accordion button and not both.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Icon will not update

Post by NorthEast »

You're not going mad, for some reason setting an icon for that button in the skin just doesn't work. It has been like that from the initial v4 release, which was the first time I tried to change it.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Icon will not update

Post by Ineffable »

Dave Lee wrote:You're not going mad, for some reason setting an icon for that button in the skin just doesn't work. It has been like that from the initial v4 release, which was the first time I tried to change it.
To "fix" this issue, I overwrote the files in the Output (Skin/Images folder) with my custom graphics. I also overwrote the original files Flare uses in the Flare.app/Resources/WebHelp/Default.flwht folder. (I changed the names of the original files to save them, just in case.)

Annoying bug that needs to be fixed soon. And judging from your response, I'm sure it's already been added to the feature/bug feedback page on their site.