Output Name of images folder

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
pagwright
Jr. Propeller Head

Output Name of images folder

Post by pagwright »

My Image folder in my project starts with a capital I. When I build the project the output, the images are placed in the Content/Resources/images folder where images starts with a lower case i. Is there anywhere in Flare where I can insure that the Images file starts with a capital I instead of lower case i when the project is being compiled?
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Output Name of images folder

Post by carolynmwallace »

Hmm...I can't recreate this issue in my version of Flare (v 2.5). My Images folder and my Output Images folder both start with capital "I."

What version of Flare are you using?

Also, what problems is this issue causing? For example, are all your image links broken because of the lower-case "i"?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Are you building on a Windows computer or on Windows running on Mac or whatever that's called? (The term has been used on the forums before, but I'm drawing a complete blank on what it's called.)

Also, in the Target Editor on the Advanced tab, do you have "Use lowercase filenames" or "Do not use 'Content' folder in output" enabled? If the former is enabled, then I would expect all folders to be lowercase, but perhaps that's a glitch (I never tried that feature, so I don't know what it does). I also haven't tried the latter option.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
pagwright
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by pagwright »

I am currently using Flare 4.2 on a Windows XP machine. It also occurred when I used Flare 4.1. My Advanced tab on the Target does not have use lower case letters set. When I place the compiled output on a Webserver it can't find the images because internally the content folder has all the links with a captial I and the image output folder starts with lower case i. I know I could just rename the output image folder but means I would have to remember doing that all the time I delivered a new version of my output.

The only way I found to get around this situation permanently was to create a new project and copy all the snippets, images, variables, topics, etc to the new one. Do a build in the new project and now the images folder starts with a capital i.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

The web server must be some flavor of Apache, I guess, since Microsoft IIS doesn't care about the letter case.

Glad you found a permanent workaround, even if it was annoying to have to create a new topic and copy everything over.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.