TOC pane changing color

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

TOC pane changing color

Post by Ineffable »

The background color on my Contents, Search and Favorites frames are gray. When I refresh a frame, it changes to white. Also, all of my custom icons revert back to the default Flare icons. To add to this strangeness, only one out of the two custom icons on the Favorites tab (the two delete icons for Favorite Searches and Favorite Topics) are custom, even though they use the same icon file. I have confirmed that both of them use custom icons in my Skin, but only one ends up with the custom icon. Of course, if I refresh the frame all defaults are returned.

Once each frame reverts to this default state, it won't return back to the custom appearance, even when you click on a different frame and return to it.

Let me anticipate the snarky "Why would you need to refresh the TOC pane anyway?" by proclaiming that it just shouldn't work that way. :)
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC pane changing color

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you clean (delete) the output folder before building? Does it happen in both Internet Explorer and Firefox?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

LTinker68 wrote:Did you clean (delete) the output folder before building? Does it happen in both Internet Explorer and Firefox?
Yes and yes.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Does it happen in a brand new project?

Was this project originally created in Flare v4 or in an earlier version and then opened and built in v4? I tried it on a project I had created in v3 and just recently opened and built in v4 but that problems doesn't occur for me. Although I can't remember if I selected the slightly off-white color of the nav pane or if that's Flare default color. But I have custom images for the books and topic icons and those don't change.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

LTinker68 wrote:Does it happen in a brand new project?

Was this project originally created in Flare v4 or in an earlier version and then opened and built in v4? I tried it on a project I had created in v3 and just recently opened and built in v4 but that problems doesn't occur for me. Although I can't remember if I selected the slightly off-white color of the nav pane or if that's Flare default color. But I have custom images for the books and topic icons and those don't change.
The project was originally a v3.1 project and is now a 4.2 project. However, I remember the problem occurring before my upgrade.

Yes, it happens in a new project as well (v4.2).

The strangest part is that skin uses the same custom icon set for the SearchFavoritesDeleteButton and TopicFavoriteDeleteButton styles (Skin Editor > Styles tab > Control), yet the former always displays the default Flare icon. Refreshing the frame drops the other custom icon and replaces it with the default one.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Bug report time... this happens for me too in all of my projects, in all browsers.

In the Search and Favorites panes, all of the custom icons and formatting reverts back to the default skin; e.g.
- Search pane: 'Add search to favorites' icon, formatting of 'Search' button
- Favorites pane: 'Delete search favorite' icon, formatting of 'Favorite topics' and 'Favorite searches' headings

I was going to say the delete topic favorite icon is a known issue, then I realised it was you who mentioned it anyway!
http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... =9&p=45825