HelpControlMenu items, Concept Links & Related topics

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
davidgolden99
Propeller Head

HelpControlMenu items, Concept Links & Related topics

Post by davidgolden99 »

How many different things do I have to set in my stylesheet to get what I want in the Help Control menu?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: HelpControlMenu items, Concept Links & Related topics

Post by doc_guy »

This is going to sound like a snippy response, but it honestly isn't intended to be. The answer depends on what you want your help control settings to look like. What do you want to change? Without a clear understanding of where you are trying to get, it is hard to give advice on how to get there.

Give us a bit more detail, and I'm sure we can help.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

davidgolden99
Propeller Head

Post by davidgolden99 »

Sorry about that. I realized later that I should have provided some details.

I finally got my color settings correct, but I want to change the font to the Verdana family. I can't find the right class to change.

I'm curious about how MadCap gets this effect in their help files, but it's not necessary for my project.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

davidgolden99 wrote:I finally got my color settings correct, but I want to change the font to the Verdana family. I can't find the right class to change.
I don't have a specific font set for this, as it just inherits the font I have set for the body tag.
I would imagine you can set it in MadCap|popupBody though?
davidgolden99 wrote:I'm curious about how MadCap gets this effect in their help files, but it's not necessary for my project.
The Flare help is DotNet help.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Yeah, it is .NET help integrated with the SDK. I don't know how much control you have over it without modifying the SDK. It seems (and I could be totally wrong here; this is just from memory) that in the past when this has been discussed, even if you integrate .NET help with the SDK, you don't by default get some of the stuff in the Flare help system. I think they may have done some stuff programatically to make things like check-marks work in Flare.

However, like I say, I could be totally wrong about that. (Probably am, in fact.) Maybe somebody with experience integrating .NET help into a .NET application can provide some insight....
Paul Pehrson
My Blog