How to use default browser window position?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
dstellrecht
Jr. Propeller Head

How to use default browser window position?

Post by dstellrecht »

I want my webhelp to open in the user's default browser window, sized and positioned as the user has set it. I figured out how to use the default browser setup in the Skin editor, so that it now uses the default browser window size, but it still positions the webhelp window in the top left corner of the monitor window. What setting do I change to stop this?
Debbie
Be the person your dog thinks you are :)
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to use default browser window position?

Post by LTinker68 »

Also in the skin, under the Size tab, select the option to "Use Default Browser Size". That'll gray out the sizing and positioning elements below. (There are two similar fields related to the browser, one under the Size tab, one under the WebHelp Setup tab, one dealing with size, one dealing with other settings.)

You'll also need to do a forced refresh in the browser -- or better yet, delete the Output folder before building -- in order to force the browser to load the new skin info instead of loading the cached info.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
dstellrecht
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dstellrecht »

Deleting the Output folder did the job. Many thanks for the help :D !
Debbie
Be the person your dog thinks you are :)
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I think a lot of us have gotten in the habit of deleting the Output folder before building for similar reasons. Even though Flare automatically clears out that folder before it builds, I don't think it actually deletes the folder, just its contents, and that's not always enough to fool the browser into thinking it's going to a new site, which is what makes it load everything instead of loading from the cache.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.